I've found myself totally unmotivated to blog lately. Being that it is an excellent way to keep family and friends aware of what's going on in our lives - well, mainly Noa's life - I really need to get back in the game. This morning I was thinking of 10 reasons I haven't blogged and I thought I would share them with you while I'm waiting for new pics (Yay!) to download.
10. I've been sleeping. Noa has revolted against a full 8 (or full 6, or full 4) hours of sleep at night, therefore forcing Mommy to sleep all day long.
9. I've been busy making baby food with my new Beaba Babycook (fancy little steamer/blender from Williams-Sonoma). I'm fascinated with this little machine and wish she ate food faster so I could make more.
8. I've been shopping. Who would choose blogging over new clothes?
7. I've been going green. Lately I've spent all my time researching cloth diapers. I've become a little obsessed with it and need to cut back.
6. I've been REALLY going green. I found old shirts/etc. in the house that I've cut up to make burp clothes and wipes. I told you I was going crazy...
5. I've been with friends. We've had a new "mandate" (if you will) at our church to have couples over for dinner twice a month. It feels like we've had about 5 months worth of get-togethers already! It has been so much fun though!!
4. I've been hanging out with my babe. Russ and I have had a lot of time together lately. Sometimes we take Noa out with us and sometimes we get to have quality time just by ourselves. I can't think of anything I would like to do more.
3. I've been lazy.
2. I've been constantly cleaning up poop. No lie. Today I looked over and Noa was in her exersaucer. I noticed she was kind of slipping and sliding around as she tried to stand. Low and behold it was yesterday's carrots. Yep, that's right... bright orange... she pooped them right out the side of her diaper. She didn't seem to mind, but of course, each little adventure like this takes about a 1/2 hour to clean up (bath, diaper change, exersaucer sterilization, laundry...)
1. I've been trying to make pajama pants. It took me about 4 hours to figure out how to thread the sewing machine. The pants still aren't done and when they are I think they might only fit a 400 pound man. I'm still plowing ahead...
O.k... enough with the boringness. Pictures are downloaded!!
Noa has been wanting to crawl, crawl, crawl lately! She gets up on all 4's and wiggles, but that's about it. She can rotate on her belly, but she can't even really scoot yet. Anyway, she's getting so big!
Here's a sweet little embroidered towel that Jim & Deb Dean sent to Noa. Thanks!! I'm sure Jim had a big part to play in making it... :)
Here's the table I refinished! It goes with the 2 chairs I recovered. Wow, I'm so domestic!
I-spy charm squares in the shop!
16 hours ago