Monday, February 20, 2012

Creator God


Well, we had a wonderful Valentines Day over here, full of hearts on the doors (that was Noa, and I feel like I have a teenager decorating her door!), lots of candy, a wonderful candle light dinner made by my awesome hubs. Unfortunately, the very next day I was sick with the most terrible stomach bug I have ever encountered. First, Lydia got sick and then I did. No one else has gotten it so far, but our whole church family is dropping like flies! This is the most contagious thing I have ever heard of! Anyway, we are praying that Russ and the older two do not fall prey as we leave for our anniversary cruise on Thursday. I definitely need a break after the week I had last week! If I look at another load of laundry, I might cry.

Anyway, we've been crafty around here lately. I'm not the mom that really loves to do crafts. Ideally maybe, but they're so much work and such a mess. I avoid it at all costs. But, at church the girls have been learning about how God created the world, so I thought we would try to solidify that message a little bit by being creative ourselves. First I tried something I saw on pinterest (trying to avoid messes if at all possible), which was finger painting in zip lock bags, taped down to the table. Cool idea, and it is nice to see how the colors mix together and make other colors, but all in all, my girls didn't like it and it lasted about 3 1/2 minutes. Back to the drawing board...
Then I remembered these window crayons that I've never wanted to use, so I suited the girls up and they went to town. They loved it, although they were drawing in each other's space and it all started to break down after about 5 minutes, but what a 5 minutes!



Well, Lydia is up from her tiny, little nap (*sigh*) and I've gotta clean up this 5 minute mess. There's about 3 more hours to fill before nap time and I am praying for the Lord to give me about 50 more 5 minute ideas...

1 comment:

G-Metal, Coco, Angel Face and Bunny said...

You poor thing with the stomach flu!! I hope you two are better very, very soon and that the rest of the fam styx healthy!!

Have the best time on your trip! Stay at home moms of three kids deserve lots of breaks, this life isn't for the faint of heart! Lol. Three kids are the best blessing, but man it's crazy. I think my boys somehow got ahold of drugs today and smoked crack with how wound up and crazy they were being!!

I'll be praying for you all to get better soon! Hugs!