Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Krispy Kreme

On Tuesdays and Wednesdays Russ leaves very early in the morning. Usually I'm dragging myself out of bed to meet my chipper, 6 o'clock wakers, but today I was ready for them! I guess it helped that they woke up 45 minutes later than usual.

The weather is awesome today, and was even cooler in the morning, so we decided to get out and go to the park, stopping at McDonalds for breakfast. This is my second time going to a park downtown that is enclosed. What a difference that makes! I can sit on the park bench in the shade and they can run around wherever they want without me worrying about them. I don't have any pictures but we stayed for about an hour and then I started getting sentimental, thinking that this was my last few weeks with "just the girls." So, we decided to go to Krispy Kreme for doughnuts. They were elated when I told them we were going inside and not just through the drive thru. Ruthie and I had custard filled/chocolate covered ones and Noa and Lyd had sprinkles. They were a little bit to manage, but there was no one in there and the older people working just loved watching them. Win-win!




They were fascinated by the machine making the doughnuts and watched the assembly line through the window for quite a while. They are all sugared up now, so probably won't take good naps. ;) I, on the other hand, am very tired and forget how much all of that takes out of you when you're as big as a house. But it was totally worth it to have some fun with my girls before the baby comes. They are precious and I am thankful for them! Now I have to think of something extra healthy for dinner since we are full of junk...

No comments: