Thursday, August 6, 2009

Ruthie's comin' soon

Today we went to the doctor to have yet another non-stress test (the baby did great) and to see how far along we are in this whole process. I'm 38 weeks and 2 days along and can't wait to meet this sweet little girl! Dr. Caire checked me and I'm only dilated 1.5 cm, 50% effaced, and -2 station. So... she didn't seem to think Ruthie would make her appearance this week-end, which may actually be a good thing since all 3 doctors in my practice will be out of town! Yikes! I would much rather deliver with one of them than with a doctor I don't know (that they share on-call duties with). We're going in next Monday and Thursday for more NST's and we have an induction scheduled for Friday, August 14th if Ruthie doesn't come before then. I'm actually pretty confident that she will, and have incredible peace about having this appointment scheduled if she doesn't. Please pray that she would come at a time when one of my doctors is on-call and that everything surrounding the birth would be a wonderful experience just like last time. Although we're not huge fans of scheduling inductions, we both have peace about it and I suppose our main prayer concerning our experience is that we would avoid a C-section (even with a big baby) and that Ruthie and I would both be healthy and safe. Any day now... :)

1 comment:

Nickel Mom said...

Keep us posted!! :)