Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Summer Days

Hard to get motivated to do much lately. The days are just so long and so HOT! Doing anything outside is just plain miserable and cabin fever is definitely setting in. The girls are down for a nap right now, but I bet any moment Noa will burst out of her room and tell me she's not tired. Then she'll sit and talk to me for the next hour and a half. Loudly. I'm amazed at how kids just have no volume control at all. *sigh* That's just how it has been going lately. I'm getting more exhausted as my belly gets bigger. Back is hurting a lot. I've only gained 10 pounds so far (found that out on Monday - this is good!), but somehow pregnancy just rearranges everything and makes it feel like 50 pounds! Blaaah! Not to mention I'm dead set against buying any more maternity clothes, so I'm just lookin' nasty lately. Everything is all worn out and faded and not stylish in the least. I don't really care though. Right now I'm sitting here in my pj's and eating cherry pie. I keep telling myself, "3 more months. 3 more months." Then I can burn all my maternity madness and get back to looking normal! Maybe I will invite you all to the bonfire! Why didn't anyone tell me that having 4 kids in 4 years was kind of crazy? Oh well. I love them. Even if I don't get a nap anymore. ;)

Here's a few (very few) pics from this week. Yesterday we went to Publix early in the morning and it was great. Not busy at all! And not as hot. But we had to kill some time before the reptile show started at the library. Worst show ever. I was thinking it was going to be like the zoo, where you could just walk around and look at the reptiles. Nope. The reptile guy was really into educating us about everything before he took one little turtle out to show us. Nice idea, but in a room full of about 70 toddlers, it's just not the best plan. It was even boring for me! Needless to say, my kids were all over the place. Everyone else's kids were fidgety but still sitting on their laps. Not Lydia. Not Ruthie. Noa was great, but I was chasing the other two the whole time. We left early. :)

But anyway, back to killing time. We decided to eat a 2nd breakfast at Chick-fil-a. No kids were there, so the girls had the play area all to themselves! Awesome! (Sorry I made that seem like it was more of a story than what it actually was. Bottom line: we went to Publix, then Chick-fil-a, then the library.)

Then this morning we stayed home. I had laundry, dishes, and vacuuming to do. My poor back!!! But, I'm sitting here because it is all done! The girls wanted braids today (very surprising), so here's some shots of the braids.


So happy to have braids!!!!!!!! Even if I have green smoothie all over my dress!!!!

This picture was the 17th attempt to get a better picture after telling them what a real smile looks like. Obviously we are smile challenged!

2 comments:

G-Metal, Coco, Angel Face and Bunny said...

The last picture is freaking hilarious!! Love it. And we got the invite to the special service at JICC in August. We are totally planning on being there! I hope you have a miraculous burst of energy this week!

Betsy Nickel Photography said...

Cute braids! Why does Ruthie have no clothes on? lol The braids are definitely cute and almost...almost over shadow the fact that she in not wearing any clothes! :D

So we have a 3 bedroom house. Would you consider any rooms in the barn as "guest rooms" by chance??? :D We'll start fixin those up for ya! Don't worry...we have some time. We'll fix 'em up real nice!