Thursday, April 10, 2008

I hate that I love Target

I went there tonight to return a few things. Ummm...has anyone experienced their brilliant return policy? I hate it so much that I just googled "I hate Target's return policy," and found many who have wasted their time doing the exact same thing. As I read more and more accounts of hatred, I was getting more and more worked up. I remember when we were trying to return a vaccuum that we received as a wedding gift a few years ago. For some reason, we weren't able to, and I remember leaving the store thinking it would be a great idea to throw the dang vaccuum through the glass windows and just howl like a wolf or something. That would show 'em! I'm sure they would want the vaccuum after seeing a loyal customer so distraught! But, I never tried it, and we kept the vaccuum. The memory haunts me. Anyway, tonight as I read others' stories, those same wolf-like feelings returned, so I thought I would blog-it-out. And regardless of how worked up I get, I know that I will still love Target. I will still shop there. I will still find cute shoes and cheap jewelery. I will still want what they have. And I hate that I love Target.

4 comments:

The Bohns said...

I hate how I always go into Target for ONE thing and come out with many many more... I'm always able to find a pair of cute shoes I just "have to have"! Glad some else has these feelings towards Target too!

G-Metal, Coco, Angel Face and Bunny said...

Oh my gosh!!! I HATE TARGET (their return policy too). I have warned many a friend: DO NOT REGISTER at Target. You may receive duplicate items, then you can't return the duplicate item, because they only let you return 2 items per year without a receipt... sometimes they won't even let you do that. One time I tried to return a dress that didn't fit, they said the only thing I could return it for was another dress, the same size, same everything.. uhhhh What?? Then once I tried to return a clothing item WITH a receipt and they said I could only exchange it for something from the clothing area!! WHAT???? Someday someone is going to go to Target customer service with a bomb and well..... :)

Betsy Nickel Photography said...

Dude...I just went in there for a few things today too and ended up with a cart load AND my kids carrying things out for me!! $350 later...ugh! I came out saying..."Let's not tell Daddy how much Mommy spent today, eh?" Love the store...it's inevitable!

Vanderklok Family said...

Weird! We had a good experience with Target. We had a baby swing that stopped working after a month and we brought it back and they refunded our card. It was really easy. See, Jackie, you need to come back to Michigan! LOL.

(this is Nancy)