Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Cruisin'

We were blessed to celebrate our 6th Anniversary by taking a 4 night cruise to Cozumel, Mexico! When we got married we decided that every 5 years we would take a bigger trip than normal to celebrate. Well, we celebrated 5 years last year, but Lydia was just a month old and we both opted to NOT take a newborn on a special anniversary trip, so we waited another year. Anyway, I had never been on a cruise before so it sounded like a fun, different option from the types of things we normally choose to do.

After a few days of doing the normal cruise things like:

...relaxing and reading by the pool,

...dressing up for special dinners (plastic surgery face? yes.),

...and towel animals (had to post this because I feel like somehow you're supposed to), we made it to Cozumel and little did we know the adventure that awaited us there!

We got off the boat at about 10 a.m. or so and it was blazing hot already. For those of you who know me, I'm not sure what I was expecting, but HOT, HOT, HOT would not be my first choice.

We were trying to make it here, the west side of the island, with its crystal blue water and gorgeous beaches. I've really never seen any place like it. It was spectacular. More on that in a moment though. We decided to be adventurous (not typical for us) and rent a scooter to get around to the other side of the island. Miquel, the guy we rented the scooter from, said it would take about an hour and a half to get around the whole island (one continuous loop). No sir! No! No! No! There is no way! I think the loop must be about 35 miles. Anyway, I'll spare you the details, but it was a trecherous and frightening ride and even though we looked great in these helmets,


we wised up after about 2 hours of trying and turned the scooter in for this Jeep. It was like heaven. Look at Russ smiling! We would've never made it to these awesome beaches if we hadn't gotten the Jeep.

Shortly after the beaches, we got in some little tiff though, as married couples do, and we probably should've stayed a little longer on the nice side of the island. My fault. It was really windy though, and it had already been a long day of scooter riding. Anyway, you know how women get. And, might I remind you that I am pregnant (which we knew already on the trip).

Anyway, after a long, adventurous, beautiful day in Cozumel, we got back on the boat and I think we ate dinner and saw a show that night.

Picture with the cat for the girls. I don't think they cared about it though.

Waiting to see "In the Air" or whatever that show was called. Pretty cool and weird at the same time. Lots of acrobatic stuff and singing. Entertaining though...

Matching! This is before Saturday Night Fever, which was incredible! We were both amazed by how good the show was. Unfortunately, I was feeling pretty bad on the last day due to choppy waters, motion sickness, and baby #4. But, all in all it was a great show.

The best part of the whole trip though was spending time with my wonderful husband. I am honored to be married to such a loving, caring, moped-riding, perfect-for-me hubby. I look forward to many more years, and many more celebrations with you, Babe!


4 comments:

G-Metal, Coco, Angel Face and Bunny said...

Congrats! You guys still look as cute as you did six years ago, three kids hasn't aged you at all ;)... I'm so glad you had a great time, despite the hot and tiff...lol. Also, what was in the grass, is that a dinosaur?? :)

Irene Weeks said...

I think the thing in the grass is an iguana. They get scary big in other parts of the world! Can you imagine seeing that walking around?? I'll take our crazy big palmetto bugs!! :)

Unknown said...

Love Cozumel! We went there for our honeymoon and rented a jeep as well' it was so much fun! Glad y'all were able to get away!

Betsy Nickel Photography said...

Awww...looks like fun! Glad you had the opportunity to squeeze it in before baby #4 came. ;) I know I would have LOVED that HOT weather!!! ;D I also would have paid a million dollars to see you and Russ riding that scooter around. ha ha! The picture in my head is hilarious. Good stuff!

xoxo,
Betsy