Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Beach on a Whim...

...and it was actually fun! If you've known me for about 15 seconds, you know that I'm not really a beach person, which is incredibly unfortunate given our locale. But, today we needed to shake it up a little bit, and Ivana and her crew were already going, so we decided to join.
Ya baby wasn't sure what to think about it, but looked oh-so-cute in her surfer gear. She didn't like the water and wanted to be held the whole time. She was fine walking around in the sand, but started eating the shells (what kid does this?), so had to be monitored a little too much.
Couldn't get a great shot of Babers because all she wanted to do was flip her hair around. This was the first time we've been to the beach where she actually went in the water a little bit. She liked it! Definitely scared of the seagulls (as was I) that kept swooping to get our food. Started crying about it multiple times. But, I totally understand. Seagulls are awful and they fly like a foot from your face. They seem to know where the kids are too. Big bullies. I hate them. Anyway, when we stopped eating, they stopped coming around and everyone was happy again.
But the award for the most excited beach babe goes to Noa Jane! I don't think I need to expound on these pictures.
Love, love, loved it!

4 comments:

Irene Weeks said...

We'll make you into a southern beach bum before long... :) Your pictures are great and congrats... you made it to the beach before we did this year! I knew you would come to love our awesome, humid, miserably hot Charleston!!!!

Unknown said...

Noa face is priceless....

G-Metal, Coco, Angel Face and Bunny said...

Noa's face, that is AWESOME!!! That's straight HAPPY right there. And also, Ya has the cutest mouth in that top picture, with that pretty smooshy mouth! I'm so impressed you made the beach trip by yourself! I think if I attempted a beach trip with the boys and Vivi I'd have to hand cuff them together to avoid them running a mile in different directions. ;)

Vanderklok Family said...

Jackie, you crack me up! I love your blog! And wow, I didn't realize your oldest just turned FOUR. Holy cow, your kids are close in age. Gabe had just turned 5 when I had our 4th. You are doing a great job!