Thursday, August 30, 2012

Baby Brother - Week 32

So the grueling part of the pregnancy is finally here. I'm tired! And I'm now going to appointments twice a week. The great thing is that I get ultrasounds every week, so I get to see my little buddy. Today they were wanting him to do a "practice breath" within 30 minutes. I guess they watch for his diaphragm to rise and fall. It is a pretty boring appointment because you're just waiting to see if he'll do it. He finally did it when we had 2 minutes to go! If he would've failed that test, I would've been put on the NST machine to monitor his heart rate. Ugh. So, this is what we're going to do every Thursday... practice breathing. We can all pray that he passes his breathing test and that I never have to be put on the other monitor!

The other thing they noted this morning was that I have a lot of amniotic fluid. They didn't seem to be concerned about it at all since it is something that goes along with maternal diabetes. I didn't have excess fluid for any of the other pregnancies, but then again, my sugars were more controlled. I'll be the first to admit it! I'm getting laaazzzyyy with this one. But, I guess if it puts me at risk for a cesarean or pre-term labor, then I might as well get back on the wagon. That is something they'll monitor closely as we go along. And, the doctor wasn't worried about it, he just said it will make my load heavier. Great! As if I need any more weight to carry around! ;)

Oh, and he's still in a breech position. He has a little time to turn, but we're definitely praying that he does, as that will certainly mean that we're signing up for another c-section. So Lord, please turn baby brother around soon! Other than that, he looks perfectly healthy and normal. Looking at these pictures, we think he looks like Lydia. But of course, there's lots of time for that to change. Maybe its just because he's getting chubbier... He is now 5 1/2 pounds. :)



Smiling



3 comments:

Unknown said...

love those pictures!

Bruce said...

Nana & Pops are praying for mom & baby boy miller. May our Lord & Savior Jesus Christ reduce the amniotic fluid, control mom's sugars, turn baby boy, and keep mom and baby safe.

G-Metal, Coco, Angel Face and Bunny said...

I love his awesome "squishy" lips as we've coined Viviana's full lips! I can't wait to meet him!